Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Walking Robots

Who buys this stuff? And how is it any different than this, which is $5000 cheaper?

It does have a remote control camera in it. Is it suppose to be a robotic watchdog? Because I've seen those too. Is it especially for people who are overly concerned about their homes and don't trust a door lock? How litte trust can you have in your neighbors? At $5400, I would be concerned about people stealing my robot. I guess that's why it has a camera.

The technology is perhaps impressive, but I saw Short Circuit, it seems like they had walking robots twenty years ago. But I guess at least it can break into dance. I wonder if it knows any other moves besides the robot.

I would be willing to bet that, like the RoboSapien which I've seen at my local BestBuy, this is something that people will play with at the store, get a laugh, and never buy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only the idle rich will buy the Nuvo, but the Robosapien's a different beast. It was voted top toy in many, many countries and has sold over a million, or it might be 2 million by now.

It's a platform you see, not just a toy, hence sites like this...

http://www.robosapien.tk/

Check out the forums there.

PS: I found you on http://www.technorati.com/ while doing a search for Robosapien. ;-)

-- Carl.