Friday, May 13, 2005

Mariachi Band of Criminals

So apparently, thieves in Mexico City are using the popular mariachi band as a rouse to aide their pickpocketing ways. This just makes me laugh. I can't imagine being the victim here. I think I may still get a bit of a laugh from it.

This has got to be frustrating for actual mariachi band members especially. The article also alludes to this sentiment of the legit mariachi band members. I think more articles on more topics should take into account the perspective of legit mariachi band members. I should take this idea to the networks. I'll be famous.

1 comment:

Ann L. Duffy said...

I was at a conference in San Antonio once where a mariachi band played during the "reception". It was like fingernails on a chalkboard. I would have rather had the Meat Puppets. I don't understand how a mariachi band DRAWS people toward them. All I want to do is run far far away. Perhaps I need to broaden my musical experiences a bit...