Friday, July 21, 2006

Picture Page

The last roll of film I developed was great.

It seems like every picture was a keeper; beautiful shots that captured the moment, every moment that surrounded the moment. The roll before that was great, too. It probably has five or six of my favorite pictures of all time on it, at least two of which are blown up and hanging on my wall.

The last roll of film I developed was three years ago.

Since then I've taken pictures. Oh yes, I've taken lots of pictures, but it seems like most fit into two categories that could be titled, "Just Goofin' Around with the Camera,"

and "Non-Photographer John's Attempts on Photography..."

which has some pictures I like, but... there are always five or six pictures that look more or less exactly the same, each improving slightly on the previous one, so it just feels like it takes away some of the achievement of having a great picture. Plus I just don't know how to take good pictures.

I would, however, like to buy a new camera, primarily because our current one is a digital dinosaur, Tricameratops... ? ... Tycamerasaurus Flash... while it seems silly to going back to paying five or six bucks just to see if you took any good pictures, it seems just as silly to take five or six pictures just to find the right shot.

Anyways, Tiff's Aunt Carrell is a great photographer, especially of things that I wouldn't think to stop and take pictures of.

And finally, without those two categories, there would probably be five or six pictures in the album other than Christmas, Birthday, Vacation, Christmas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dwayne wayne style looks good on ya.