Friday, December 01, 2006

Building the Anticipation

Yep, calm down, calm down.

So awhile ago, a long time ago, way back when autumn was new, I started a painting. It started out like this:


All wrapped up, fresh from the store. Soon it started to look like this:



But then I fell off the wagon of motivation, scared by the details, and entered into a world of NCAA Football '05. While the UDUFF Roosters went on to win three consecutive championships, the painting has found its way to the backburner. But now it's almost a winter... there's a cold front a-comin'... and these harvest colors aren't nearly as fun. Anyways, here's the most recent shot:


Yikes. The thought of what I have left to do is scary. It's all detail. I should just paint walls.

But no, in a show of determination, I am stating the projected finish of my masterpiece, which I predict will earn me a spot into Britain's illustrious Royal Society of Arts and Letters and Other Stuff. It's so exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice toes