Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Scariest Costumes of All

Politicians. A few weeks ago, there was a knock on my door. I jumped - I jump at sudden noises. Tiff grabbed our illegal cat and fled to a darkened closet. I opened the door to find my friendly State Delegate, or maybe here in Virginia, Commonwealth Delegate. He told me what he stands for - he's against illegal immigration. He told me what his challenger stands for -she's for illegal immigration. He even gave me shiny flyers as he showed his shiny teeth. I told him I would vote for him.

Yesterday, there was a knock on my door. Tiff grabbed our illegal cat, fleeing to a dark closet. I opened the door to find my friendly State Delegate's friendly challenger and her assistant. I knew the second one was an assistant because she had a clipboard and didn't talk, or even make eye contact. I asked them if they wanted to watch Smallville, we're on Season 5. The challenger told me what she stands for - she's against immigration. She told me what her challenger stands for - he's for immigration. She showed me pictures of her family; I don't know why. I told her I would vote for her even though she didn't want to watch any Smallville.

I live in Prince William County, VA. They've started cracking down on illegal immigration. Apparently, it's a pretty big deal here. If I'm against illegal immigration, it's just because it's illegal. Otherwise, how'd this become the major issue.

I want to buy a house. If either one of them had lied and said, "Once in the State House, or well, Commonwealth House, I will see to it that you own a house," I would vote for them.

Even if they had to tax pumpkins to do it. When all else fails, tax the pumpkins.

No comments: