Friday, December 28, 2007

The Magic Bullet

I've finally succumbed to the power of the TV. I think I mentioned that we downgraded our cable significantly and we know only get somewhere around 15 channels. Of those two are fuzzy, three don't speak English, three are "community" channels, two are titled C-SPAN, and one brings the message of the Roman Catholic faith 24-hours a day.

With our old cable package, it was easy to find nothing to watch. There'd always be some rerun of some celebrity reality show or some movie that was on enough that you probably seen it all, just not in the right order. Our limited cable requires some work and finagling to find nothing to watch. You have to really know where to go and wait for nothing, and as a result I watch a lot of PBS concerts, and okay, my fair share of C-SPAN, which isn't very much.

Then there are infomercials, 30-minute gems of advertising. The crazy thing is is that they almost always get me. I start thinking to myself, well, I'm not much of a cleaner, but if I got that super clean spray, the stuff would stay clean longer. Or, I wonder where I could store a collapsible ladder. Or, I bet it would feel great to have all the build-up flushed out of my intestines. The winner though is the Magic Bullet. Make meals in 3 seconds... one, two... ... ... three!
So for Christmas, our first as Man and Wife, Tiffany got the Magic Bullet. While the name doesn't quite scream kitchen appliance, it's the greatest of it's kind that I've ever come across. The first night, we made excellent omelettes, just put in the eggs, the cheese and a couple slices of ham and in one, two... ... ...three! It was fully blended and poured onto a frying pan. It really was the best home-cooked eggs I've ever had, which is saying something! And to wash it down, Tiff mixed up some coffee and warm chocolate milk into a nice frothy mocchachino, or machiatto, or frappelatte, or something like that.

So I've officially entered the world of teleshopping, even if I found the Magic Bullet at Kmart. It's a pretty slippery slope, as I've already got my eye on another infomercial, and I'm starting to wonder just how much money I'm actually saving with my downgraded cable.

No comments: