Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Coke-Diet Coke

Recently I discovered a whole new drink that has quickly become my drink of choice. It spawns from two very different worlds. I took the crazy notions of any child that mixing your favorite sodas together creates the ultimate in refreshing taste combined with the crazy notions of any adult that diet soda is healthy. So, with no further ado, I am proud to present the yet-to-be-named half Coca-Cola, half Diet Coke.

This, to me, is the greatest thing to happen to the soda industry since the introduction of Crystal Pepsi, of which I had exactly one. By combining the overly sweet taste of Coke with the overly watered down (or is it fake sweet) taste of Diet Coke it is the perfect mix of sweet and water down (or is it fake sweet). Mmmmm... of course, at this point this is limited to the self-serve places, as I haven't worked up the nerve to ask the waiter, "Can you mix the two for me? Please?"

Anyways, I'd also like to mention that I've given up straws. I don't need a disposable plastic tube to help me drink. It's not much to save the world, but hey, it's a start. Maybe, I'll start back up my sacrifices soon and try again to green my life. Until then, I'll be enjoying my new favorite drink. I'll have to work on the name.

No comments: