Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks to... John Sovjani

Dear John Sovjani,

I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to speak with you this past Saturday at the art show in Gaithersburg , MD. My wife and I bought several of your prints and we love them all. They really help make our new(ish) home feel like ours.

We had bought a few small prints five or six years ago when we were just dating and we have always said how much we would love to decorate our walls with your artwork. Now that we have started this, I cannot tell you how pleased we both are with it.

Thank you so much, happy holidays,
John and Tiffany Duffy
They really are awesome. We went to the artshow mainly to see him, and he was one of the last booths we walked past. His booth is set up so that he has originals on one side and prints on the other.

After we decided on which ones we wanted,
we were waiting in line to purchase them – he was doing some serious business, and chatting up a storm with each and every one, which I think is part of the appeal – I struck up a conversation with an older couple… or well, they started talking to me. I had heard the man talking earlier about the pieces that he has in his attic that he doesn’t have room for. The first thing he said to me was along the lines of “that print there… I own the original. It looks amazing in the spare bedroom of my house in Delaware.” They bought three originals from him. Maybe one day that will be me, but if I had to guess… my second home will not be in Delaware.

No comments: