Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks to... Merrifield Garden Center

Last night I got to go to a Capitals hockey game, so my thank you is warranted and therefore pretty easy. We even made a video saying thanks:

Dear Merrifield Garden Center,

My wife and I were lucky enough to have our names pulled from a drawing of yours where we won tickets to a Capitals game. We went last night to watch them beat the Atlanta Thrashers, 6-4. It was awesome.

For both of us, it was our first hockey game, and it made a fan out of both of us. We spent awhile trying to figure out all the rules, which I’m not sure we ever did, but it was easy enough to know when to cheer, which we were lucky enough to do throughout the game.

All-in-all, we had an amazing time and just wanted to say thank you for giving us the opportunity. We discovered your store (in Gainesville ) only recently and have become fans of you as well. We got three mums from you guys that are making the two we got at Lowe’s look bad… we’ve moved them behind yours.

Can’t thank you enough,
John Duffy
Here’s another video.  This one's of the second goal, which Tiff was able to catch on video… she doesn’t video throughout these events, but after a DC United goal and Redskins touchdown and having the camera ready for this, it’s clear that she has a talent for it.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Seriously?!? You had the whole suite to yourself? What fun - I'm jealous.

Tiffany Duffy said...

i didn't realize i'd taken all of those scoring videos... my boredom at sporting events can take all the credit. ;)

i would have caught the whole baseball play, too, if I didn't have to throw myself out of the way of the ball. i was one baseball-to-the-face from being on ESPN.