Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Kick!

Last night, a new season of Major League Soccer officially began with 36,000 fans witnessing the Seattle Sounders falling to the LA Galaxy in the driving rain and cold winds of Seattle in mid-March. I’m not a fan of either team and the game itself wasn’t very good, but I cannot be more excited for the season to be under way.

My team, DC United, was terrible last year, record-setting-ly so, but I can’t help myself from being hugely optimistic and expecting the team to make the playoffs easily and challenge for the championship. Only time will tell though, and for DC, time begins Saturday night at 7:00 against Columbus.

Last night’s game began at around 10 at night. I stayed up for the whole thing, but it was definitely way past my bedtime. Not long ago, I could stay up late every now and then, getting just a few hours of sleep for the night. Those days appear to be over though as, today, I am zonked. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be.

I'm not, however, too old to be down-right giddy about soccer season. Vamos United!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Early to bed, early to rise .............
tjd

Anonymous said...

And they begin with a win!!! It's your good karma for bringing the Guerrilla back to your fans.
-dxs-

Unknown said...

I clicked on your ads a few times, including the ones in Dubai. Hopefully, that will be enough to keep you posting. I don't think I could handle another strike.