Thursday, April 14, 2005

Everybody Loves Parfait

So I'm still in the early stages of this whole blog thing and I'm having an identity crisis of sorts. I still don't know how I want this whole thing done. I want a website where I can poke fun of stupid stuff, as I did earlier, write about stuff that interests me, as I did earlier, but still just write about the mundane in interesting ways.

I want all that, but I want to be able to break it into those groups. I don't want people to have to scroll through the junk to get to something good. And at this point, the 'people' who read this are my girlfriend, so it's almost time I write something good.

Most of the stuff that I've written doesn't even sound like me. It sounds more like that this guy, who I know and respect but I don't want to be like. His site is more or less dedicated to something, and it works for him, but it's not me.

Perhaps blogs and onions should have nothing in common, but I'm going to give my blog layers, writing about several different things, most likely in very different voices. And if it turns into some hideous ogre-like thing, at least it will be my hideous ogre-like thing.

And I think 'The Muted Guerrilla' is a great name for just such a beast.

No comments: