Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Not to leave anyone out

Since my last post, and after exhaustive research of the entire internet, it seems I have left a few types of blogs out.

Firstly, the all important friends network blog, full of pictures and 25 comments on each post. I don't have any problem with these. It seems they are having fun. In fact I'm a little jealous; I wish my friends were that cool.

There are also those that are opposed to the self-hating ones. These I don't like either. The "my life is better than yours because I get to go to Papua New Guinea to teach people to raise donkeys" attitude is not very flattering in a person. There's probably a better term, but I like to make them sound as much like an ass as possible. In the end I think I would put these with my original self-loathers group.

There are those that are completely dedicated to one subject, which I think is a little silly. It would get boring for me, but who am I? And at least they know what they should be talking about, be it Afghanistanimation heroines or whatever.

And lastly, and here's where it gets interesting for me, it surprises me how many are in other languages. It's probably very egocentric of me, or at least shows a great deal of ignorance, but it seems that the blogger network is geared primarily towards english speakers. Maybe I'm wrong, and egocentric and ignorant. It also makes me wonder what keyboards look like in places like China or Japan.

I should also add that foreign language blogs are not their own group, for if I were to guess, they all fit into one of my groups. And for everyone, as long as people are having fun, I can't really complain.

And it still leaves me with the question of what mine will become.

No comments: