Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Prairie Home Companion

The long-running weekly radio program, Prairie Home Companion, is making its way to the big screen. I was forced to listen to this show everytime I was caught in the car on Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon with my parents growing up. It's hardly ever laugh-out-loud funny and usually is just strange, with jokes like, 'This segment's been brought to you by ketchup. Mmm... if it's red, it's ketchup!' It's also clearly for an audience about two or three generations before me with a section celebrating all the seventy-fifth wedding anniversaries and thirtieth time somebody is turning 49.

I'm not sure how the rich voice of Garrison Keillor will transcend into cinema, but with an impressive actor list, the movie must have a winning script. It will be interesting to see the final product, no matter what age you are.

2 comments:

Ann L. Duffy said...

I'm not sure the image of Garrison Keillor will be as appealing as his voice.

Bailey said...

Never heard of Prairie Home Companion, but sounds interesting. Any jokes about ketchup are always appricated.

My favorite cult radio show is Coast to Coast AM with George Noorey (Used to be Art Bell).