Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Rumor Mill

Lately I feel as though I have been an important cog in some rumors at work. Work is a giant pit of swarming rumors from all directions. While I have not, to my knowledge, helped create any rumors, I definitely have passed them along. The thing is, I love rumors... I love hearing them, sharing them, knowing them... maybe it just makes me feel like I belong. Lately, I've started feeling bad for my part in rumors, so I'm attempting to swear off of them.

Plus I have a tendency to push responsibility on others when I'm not at fault but feel that I am, and take responsibility when I'm not at fault. I'm not sure what I do when I know I'm at fault, but I'm guessing it's not pretty. Bottom line is, suddenly I'm picking up on some major character flaws that I want to change. Easier said than done though. Wish me luck.

I also want to be the stand-up guy who isn't afraid to stand up for what is right, and stand up for other people. I think that would be good. I'm in a thoughtful mood right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would consider it a step in the right direction if these rumors you're spreading are, in fact, true. This is much better than making up stories like your grandparents lived in Egypt for 10 years, or that you were chased down by the police while on an outing to get a candy bar (in your defense, at least you confessed to that one a few days later...)

Baby steps, John, baby steps.

Tiffany Duffy said...

also, good use of the word "cog".