Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Buying Used

So Amazon has given it's customers the option to buy products used for quite awhile now. I remember a few years ago my brother-in-law putting Sting's autobiography up for sale the day after Christmas... I'm not sure how much he sold it for, but you can now get it for 33 cents used.

I recently spent a total of 24 dollars on three CD's, this one I'm still waiting on, with just about half of that total being shipping costs. All of them are, as far as I can tell, perfect condition. So that's eight dollars a CD; it makes me wonder how, first off, the musicians, or authors are making money, but more importantly, how a place like Tower can survive charging 16 bucks for the same CD.

It seems times like times, they are a-changin'.

1 comment:

Tiffany Duffy said...

you forgot to mention that we got the full first season of Rollergirs used for twenty bucks. might i add it was signed by 6 of our favorites, including chola. you can't beat that. :)