Friday, August 18, 2006

Is this our Third Coincidence?

Yesterday, in a meeting at work - I work in a juvenile shelter - we learned about what to do in emergency situations. First off, in the event that I'm taken hostage, I lose all rights as an employee, which I'm not too happy about. I'll tell you right now, if there's a two-week standoff at work where I'm a hostage, I'm clocking it. All that time is going towards a nice vacation.

But then we learned about what to do if one of our clients/residents comes down with avian flu. It's a day later and I honestly couldn't tell you what to do if such an event occurs. I wasn't paying close attention; I was too busy realizing my superhuman powers.

Two days ago, I mentioned bird flu in passing - I had to look it up to make sure the term 'bird flu' was still acceptable because it had been so long since I had heard anything about it. Then twenty four hours later, it appeared in my life, not once, but twice.

Superhuman power, or just strange coincidence? Well, let's just say I'm not afraid to be taken hostage.

UPDATE: So I write most of these, like this one, at night and just type them up when I get the chance. This morning before knowing what I wrote about, Tiff said in conversation, "If that were my superhuman power I'd be pissed." We were talking about the show Due South... the guy knows what people are typing just by listening to them type. Anyways, just another example of my super predicting powers... of the mundane events and comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't get too complacent if you get bird flu and need a respirator...