Thursday, September 28, 2006

Poker

Every six months or so, I find myself dropping 50 or 60 bucks into the world of online poker, perhaps just to feed the gambling monster that lies somewhere within me. I usually stretch it out for at least a week or so, but I always seem to bottom out eventually. Right now I'm down to $16.

I'm not much of a gambler; I can't be. I'd say I'm more of a dreamer. Dream of hitting it big with every hand. I become so involved with every up and down that I think I would lose my sanity if I gambled a lot. But that's okay... it's the ups and downs that make it fun. I just have to keep it in moderation.

I never read it, but in my list of favorites is this guy, a self-aware gambling addict. It serves as a bit of reminder why I only play poker every six months or so.

With discipline, it is possible to be successful at poker, but that's not for me. Gaming should be all about having fun, but man with only 16 bucks left, it's hard not to think about it being almost over, and start dreaming about hitting it big in six months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only 66 hands to go.... but who's counting?