Sunday, October 01, 2006

Broken Glass

My eye glasses broke the other day. It sucks.

It's not too bad of a break, more of a chip really. A small piece of the lences chipped off at the bottom leaving what looks like a permanent rain drop stuck to me lense.

I never wore glasses growing up. I got a pair in high school, but I hardly ever used them. I didn't start wearing any regularly until Junior or Senior year of college. I was so scholarly then. Now I always wear them, so not wearing them feels bizarre, particularly when I go to rub my eyes. So it took a bit, but I've gotten used to looking through the strange spot, but it creates a lot of funny looks, which leads to explaining the same thing over and over... it's only happened twice so far, but I imagine it will happen a few more times at least.

Anyways, now I have to add 'go get new glasses' onto a growing to-do list that hasn't seen anything get crossed off in awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could get... plastic, large rimmed, tiger print, with diamond "bling" studs... glasses like my mom. ha.