Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Egg Challenge


Let me first say, I am not sure where the idea came from, but alongside my girlfriend, I have accepted the Egg Challenge.

A full week of eggs. Eggs for breakfast, eggs for lunch, eggs for dinner, eggs for anytime between. If eggs are not the focal point of the meal/snack, then it is off limits this week. That leaves us with such great eggy meals as scrambled eggs, fried eggs, deviled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, egg salad, quiche, omelettes, and whatever else I or Tiff can concoct.

We started Sunday - wrote this Sunday night - off with some deviled eggs, and just to get the desired aroma, hard-boiled eggs. Then we followed that with a fried egg and cheese sandwich, which was delicious. I predict this will be my staple food this week. I had some cantaloupe on the side of my lunch. For dinner I whipped up some scrambled eggs and cooked some kielbasa and toast to go with it. It's weird, replace breakfast sausage with dinner sausage and it's a whole new meal.

One day down, working on two, and I'm doing alright. The worst part so far has been feeling the fried egg sit in my belly and dread the thought of eating more eggs... not a good sign on day one. That and not snacking at work, God, I love NutterButters.

Day 2 is starting nicely, I'll keep you posted throughout the week. Actually Day 2 there were no glitches. And Day 3 is cruising right along. Bacon and egg sandwich, here I come.

1 comment:

Martha said...

What eggs-actly is the point of this challenge???

Why would one choose to eat only eggs. It seems a little egg-stream.