Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dyn-o-mite!!

I'm trying to keep away from commenting on news articles, but this is my second in a row. The Nobel Prize for Literature was awarded today to this lady. I'm not quite sure who she is either.

The part about it that gets me is actually an article that I had copied-and-pasted and emailed to myself, but the link takes me to the same article so I can't link it... sorry. The article though is all about speculation on who will win. Ms. Doris Lessing was not a top pick. Bookies had three names of possible contenders.

This got me thinking, do people actually bet on the Nobel Prize? I think it fits in well with the spirit of the prize. I can just picture a bunch of British guys at a bar, "Hey Barkeep! Turn the channel, they're about to announce the winner." And then the nervous guy in the corner, "Come on Judy Blume. Come on Judy Blume."

No comments: