Thursday, October 11, 2007

Last One, I Swear...

I didn't want to write anything else about the squirrels on the balcony, but right now I'm being serenaded by one angry momma. She's been satanically barking for over an hour. It's driving me nuts.

Last week, as the baby squirrels had grown big enough to do this:

I decided it was time to say goodbye. I cleaned up all their stuff while momma squirrel was out one day. The next day they had descended into the real world. No more luxury-balcony-tree-house anymore. I saw one of them yesterday on my way down the stairs... our eyes met and communicated what I can only assume was a nod of gratitude, a "thanks for letting me grow up on your balcony and destroy your cat's nervous system". It made me happy. I've done my part in the universe.

The babies haven't been back, but momma squirrel comes back every day to yell at me. It's frightening. If she were a person I'd have a restraining order by now. If you've ever actually heard an angry squirrel, you know what I mean.

At least someone else out there shares in my pain...

No comments: