Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Tiffany!

Today my beautiful wife celebrates her birthday. My gift to her: carrots.
She has recently discovered Yes to Carrots, a line of lotions and shampoos and stuff made from everybody's favorite orange food that grows underground. Well, maybe second favorite after yams. I'm not sure where she learned of Yes to Carrots, perhaps an infomercial, but she ordered a bottle online, I think to get past the $25-no-shipping-fee mark and now she's suddenly all about it. "Golly!" she'll exclaim, "I love my Yes to Carrots! Carrots are the future of health, food, and alternative energy."

So I got her some of their stuff, and I'm finally reading about carrots. She's right, carrots are pretty amazing. They actually do improve your eye sight, they're high in all sorts of good stuff, and are good combatants of tonsillitis! They even reduce the risk of breast cancer. Nature's candy does everything but put hair on your chest.

I have a feeling that if I typed in any other fruit or vegetable a similar list of benefits would emerge. That's not to take anything away from the carrot, it's just that every so often you hear about the amazing effects of whatever. Cranberries, pomegranates, starfruit, blueberries... there's been a list recently of the "new" miracle food that will ensure the survival of the human race.

So if they are all really good for you, I will celebrate them individually. This year carrots get the nod, so join with me as I sing on high, Yes to Carrots!

And next year let us embrace Yes to Yams!

3 comments:

Ann L. Duffy said...

Why Yams are better than Carrots:
1) They have a skin that comes off easily when you bake them.
2) They are a dessert when you put brown sugar and/or marshmallows on them.
3) They don't have grass on top
4) They actually taste good.

I am not a carrot fan - but more power to you!

Happy Bday Tiff!

Clo said...

I do so love carrots. I am a big fan of carrot juice, which is like a cure-all. I recently read the label. Compared to V8 Fusion, which contains 100% of the daily recommended vitamin C, my canned carrot juice from Giant has 240%. I recently was given the gift of two 1/2 gallons of carrot juice from an organic store - 700%! Good stuff! Can't wait until you blend some for me, Tiff, in your upcoming JUICER! Happy Birthday! Carrell

Clo said...

Another thought - there's not many people who can say they gave their wife a 21-carrot gift!!