Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Medicinal Moon

My list of places I would like to go has slowed it's growth considerably recently. It was easy for a long time to find new and interesting places to go. I would either stumble upon a cool picture or hear of something interesting and hope that Wikipedia has a picture of it.

Everything changed when, just before Christmas, I heard of the Interstellar Light Collector. It captures the power of lunar light and focuses it at you in some sort of weird therapeutic procedure. It was the first place on my list that was less "wouldn't it be cool if..." and more "I need to do this before I die." And well, since then nowhere seems as cool.

Before you label me a freak, I freely admit that I'm open to some of the eccentrics of alternative medicine. Perhaps it's a holistic approach, but that sounds too Birkenstock. I would, however, love to try acupuncture and maybe a hot stone massage to unblock my chi, or whatever. Just last month, I bought a jar of lavender scent with sticks sticking fashionably out of it, because I heard it might help me sleep. It's right next to my bed.My sister, hi, Becky!, gave me the idea. She heard about it from the Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook game. The verdict is still out as to how effective it is.

But this giant moonlight mirror is so different than anything I thought reasonable that it has captured my imagination and six weeks after learning of it, I'm still thinking about it. Check out the testimonials. Just about everyone says something along the lines of feeling relaxed, energized and all-over good, but then there are these lines, "toothache gone within hours," "my appendix scar faded as well as some other old scars" by morning, "arthritis and tinnitus are greatly reduced," and - hold the phone - "after a 3rd moonlight experience, my asthma seems to be gone." Moonlight it seems works miracles. If only moonlighting worked the same way, as I work overnights.

If anything, I think it's definitely worth seeing what happens under the intense moonlight. I predict that it will prevent the brain tumor that will surely kill me in my old age, thus I will live forever. Then maybe I'll get to actually visit the other places on my list of places that I want to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried a hot stone massage last fall. Ahhhhh....felt really good. Don't know if it realigned my chi, however.