Saturday, September 05, 2009

Taking the Challenge

I’m in training… well, maybe I’ll start tomorrow.

I’ve wanted to get in shape and maybe a drop a few pounds for quite some time. I don’t think I’m crazy out of shape, and I’m not crazy big, but it would be nice to start to feel like I’m healthier. The problem is that I like to eat.

I eat sweets. I eat other stuff, but it’s sweets that get me. I don’t think I’d have much trouble not eating squash or not eating cabbage, but the thought of not eating sweets is awful… and I should know! I’ve tried it before! And look where that got me – sure I may have felt better, but it left me with nothing to say – nothing to say to you, the world!

I think I’ve found a solution to all my problems. It is something that combines what I want from myself and what I want for myself; it gets me in shape and lets me eat cake. Well… maybe not cake, but the Krispy Kreme Challenge is all about running and eating donuts. I’m seeing two big positives – where could this possibly go wrong?

Okay, so the annual race, in its fourth-year this February, has you run through Raleigh , NC for 2 miles, stop and eat a dozen donuts, and then run back 2 miles to where you started. It is brilliant! I’m so excited!

I do need to seriously start training up for it though if I’m going to be able to do it. So, Today: I’ll try to eat a dozen donuts. Tomorrow: I’ll try to run 4 miles… and if I’m feeling up for it after that, I might try to eat a dozen donuts, too.

No comments: