Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Once Again...

It happened once again. A long and painful silence from the Muted Guerrilla. It is always such a sad thing. People the world over have tried to deal with the absence, some coping better than others. In some places, entire nations are on the brink of collapse! (I’ve heard I’m huge in Greece .)

But blogging has become so passé. I should be tweeting my twit in outbursts of wit or videoing everything for YouTube. At the very least, I need to log in to FaceBook!

Maybe, I’m writing too much to hold people’s interest, most importantly mine. Maybe I should just write “I had a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich for lunch today. Mmm. It hit the spot.” And leave out the part about the row of goslings that walked right behind me or the ducklings that swam around in front of me or the surprisingly loud noise of several geese flying just over head. Or that I got to thinking about the huge number of geese that are always at the lake compared to the number of ducks, and if I were to go around and bop them on the head, most likely I would say “Goose. Goose. Duck!” And if this is the case everywhere, how did the game become duck, duck, goose?

If I’m going to have another run at this, maybe I should get a new format. I could get a swankier website with really cool applications. I could take polls and surveys and respond to fan mail. I could hire an assistant and a publicist and three or four roving reporters and an intern named Jeff. I could see it now!

Perhaps I’d have better luck if I just wrote more for my audience than for myself. So, here it goes… Hey Dad! How are things going? Things here are good. Tiff says hi. The toilet is making a whistling sound when it flushes, any guesses?

No comments: