Thursday, June 03, 2010

A New Disciplined Approach

My intern Jeff appears to be hard at work trying to revamp the blog – with extra stress on “appears to be.” Meanwhile, I’ve been growing a few new ideas for the blog. I’ve been in a whatever’s-on-my-mind-when-I’m-writing path since the beginning and I think maybe it’s time I implement a bit of discipline here at the Muted Guerrilla.

An appropriate place to start is with a schedule. Here’s what I’m thinking: Mondays will be posts about my weekend and should include the next great web-sensation video featuring me. Tuesdays will be reserved for posts about my greatness. Wednesdays will feature self-deprecating posts to lessen the reader’s awe of me while increasing the reader’s appreciation of me for my humility. Wednesday posts however would always have an underlying message reinforcing my own greatness. Thursday will be Promotion Day, where I hype some facet of my life that could earn me money via the reader. Fridays would be current events. Usually this would detail what I had for lunch accompanied by maybe what I thought about during lunch. (Another great Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich!)

Any day of the week would be appropriate to write about DC United.

This would require a bit more work on my part, but it could be an exciting challenge. And as the blog grew and my fame spread throughout the land, I could devote more time to it and introduce more and more regular features. For instance, I could add a Tuesday afternoon look at the weather. A Sunday afternoon Home Improvement update could work. Wednesday morning I could post about the commute and any thoughts therein. And of course all this would eventually lead to a “Saturday Post from the Archives” where I could repost some of the old greats.

Yep, the sky's the limit. I just need a little more dedication, a bit more discipline. Unfortunately, my record of discipline isn't so great... I can't even get my intern Jeff to pick up the pace on redesigning this blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've hit a new low, oh great one.

-your wife