Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dreaming of an Audience

I don’t want to start detailing every dream I have, however rare they are, but after revealing yesterday’s one-of-a-kind dream to my esteemed audience, last night I dreamt of (to my knowledge) two-thirds of this very audience. It’s quick and makes absolutely no sense, but I thought I’d share.

It begins with a phone call home. My Dad answers and mentions my sister Martha’s whereabouts. In pure disbelief, I end the conversation with my Dad and set out to see my sister first-hand. She and her husband are at a bar playing a game called the Ticket Tree, where you have to outbid people for better tickets. It makes no sense, so don’t worry about the details.

Everyone playing had gotten pretty into the game, none more so than my sister and brother-in-law who were each dressed up like Christmas trees, complete with giant, softball-sized glowing lights wrapped around them.

As the game progressed, and you outbid people, everyone who bid enough to advance had to lift themselves up to higher and higher platforms on the wall. These platforms were set in a triangle, thus the Tree, with the winner getting the best tickets of all. My sister got pretty high up the Ticket Tree before I woke up.

The tickets they were after… field level seats to the Boston Red Sox. I have no idea why they would want them but that’s what it was.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I can only assume I'm the 3rd of your audience who wasn't included in this dream... but I was there in spirit. Everyone knows how much I LOVE Christmas trees and glowing lights.