Friday, October 22, 2010

Video Killed The Internet Star

My YouTube videos are cruising along, picking up hits. My Coin Pusher video is now close to 32,000 views; that is more than the entire population of the town I live in. Crazy!

Every now and then, I’ll get a comment, too! Usually this is a tip on how to beat it, or the startling suggestion that the carnival game is somehow rigged(!). Recently, those comments have taken a strange turn. Here’s what P45KAL had to say last month:
Hey cool story bro now go fix them teeth =]
Whoa, low blow, dude! I know, I know, I have large teeth. Like the Big Bad Wolf, however, I carry a certain amount of pride in maintaining these extra large shiny pearls. They are beautifully large. They have personality. And I do not feel the need to “fix them” nor did my dentist growing up. In fact, if anything, I’m hoping to donate them to the Smithsonian Institution upon my passing where they will be on display beside a picture of the lake where I eat lunch often. There will be a plaque that reads, “With these teeth, John Duffy ate lunch often.” And no, P45KAL, if that’s really your name, your sorry excuse for an internet smile does not excuse this unnecessary attack on my dental physique. =]!

Truthfully, I brushed this harsh comment off without much consideration until this week, when Jazzie646 came at me with this:
Maybe you can use that money to fix your teeth!
Egad! Et tu, Jazzie646? My enthusiastic smile of gargantuan proportions will not stand for this! I brush everyday and floss when I’m bored, what more could I possibly do? I hate the dentist as much as anyone, with good reason, as I have explained in the past:

Yes, IHD. But you imply that my teeth have fundamental problems that no dentist alone can fix. Perhaps every nickel and dime I come across should be saved until I can surgically repair my hideous teeth! Then, perhaps, I can rejoin society, show my face again in public, and be ready for my close-up. Only then can I be truly loved by the likes of P45KAL and Jazzie646. Only then can be a true internet star.

1 comment:

Ann L. Duffy said...

Love all the videos - again. Can't say I've seen them 32,000 times though, so your fan base is definitely growing.

The worst part about it was...my tongue was totally swollen.

Three cheers for the camera-man!