Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wearing Ties: Day 17

I've got on my Sunday best, today!  We went to this crazy large plant store, Merrifield Garden Center, to get one final plant for the front yard to balance it out.  Now, we just need one more and we should be good to go.  It was our first time to this garden center though, and it was really neat.  It looked like they had the indoor section divided up so that different people rent out sections of it.  We bought a bottle of wine, called Phantom, from one such place.  We plan on drinking it closer to Halloween.  The place was also selling hot dogs in the parking lot and offering hay rides around the, paved, grounds.  It was everything I wanted and more from a plant place.

About the tie, which I'm conveniently covering up with our new mum, the majestic paisley pattern camouflages a large coffee stain  right down the middle of it.  I think I got this one from my mom, but I did get another batch of ties from my in-laws yesterday.  I'm going to have more ties by the end of this than I'll know what to do with!  I love it though and I hope they keep coming!  I'm not sure from whom, but... that's beside the point.

2 comments:

Ann L. Duffy said...

Have you considered the bow tie? Less of a chance that it will be soiled by coffee stains.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like the ambiance of of multi purpose garden center. Enjoy the smell of compost and the rich aroma of fresh brewed coffee at the same time.

tjd