Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Giving Thanks to... Hilton Hotels

I don’t want to dwell on my rather uneventful stay at the Hilton Hotel in Virginia Beach , but today, they sent me an email thanking me for my stay. This email had all the warmth and sincerity of any automated message, but I figure it is kind of them, even if it’s just an attempt to win my business in the future.

I really didn’t do much to be thanked. My last few posts have not been anything to thank me over. In fact, if anything, I feel a bit bad for criticizing, however little that was criticizing.  Plus,  I was their guest; I should be thanking them!! So here’s a little note I wrote, doing just that:
Dear Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront,

Last week I had the good fortune to stay at your hotel for three nights. I had a wonderful experience. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly kind and more than helpful, answering any question that I had.

My stay was the result of a conference that was being held at your hotel. It wasn’t the most exciting conference, but the accommodations were wonderful… and the chocolate chip cookies were delicious!

All-in-all, I just wanted to say thanks for a job well done!

Sincerely and Happy Thanksgiving!
John Duffy
I’m not sure how I feel about sending this out. It seems unnecessary to say the least, but I’m sealing it up, and dropping it in the mailbox. It’s time I start appreciating things a bit and what better time to say thanks than with Thanksgiving right around the corner.

That’s why, after some deliberation, I’m going to make a go of giving thanks, lots of thanks. So, with the ulterior motive of drawing millions of people to my blog, I plan on giving thanks to someone… anyone, everyday at least till the end of the month. I’m getting a late start, so I feel like I should go longer, but I’m not committing myself to that.  I kind of feel like I might be biting off more than I can chew as it is, but we'll see!  So, be sure to tune in tomorrow, who knows who I'll be thanking... I certainly don't.

In other news, I wore a tie to work on Monday. Nobody batted an eye.

No comments: