Thursday, November 11, 2010

Giving Thanks to... Timothy

Is it too early to thank my own stupidity?  Here is a picture of my finger:
That white stuff is a hunk of skin.
This morning I woke up and thought an apple would be the perfect start to my day.  It was not, as it turns out.  The carnage that followed was of my own stupidity, although a deceivingly sharp apple slicer (corer?) played a part in it.  I'm counting on Neosporin working as advertised.  As far as thanking folks, there are lots of people to thank on this Veteran's Day, but I'm going to have to write my thank you to Timothy.

This being a holiday for me but not for my wife, I had grand visions of a three course meal with a tablecloth and the whole works.  My plans changed a bit after slicing my finger open and I ended up dilly-dallying the whole day away.  When Tiffany got home there was nothing on the stove and no candle-lit dinner.  So, thirty minutes later, Timothy appeared on my doorstep with Domino's.

Dear Domino's Timothy,

Thank you for your prompt delivery.  I had just asked my wife how long did the internet say it would be when the doorbell rang.  It was perfect timing!  The Domino's on-line ordering is great by the way.  I love the new sound effects.  That rocker can really wail!  They gave my wife and I a good laugh. 

Keep up the good work!

Rock on!
John Duffy
"Your pizza is in the oveeeeeen, and is getting hot, HOT, HOT!!"

4 comments:

Tiffany Duffy said...

your finger really looks so much more mangled than that picture. eww.

Anonymous said...

Neosporin, the new favorite topping! I hope it heals quickly.

tjd

Martha said...

OMG - this disgusting! It must be hurt like hell.

What no thank you to Domino's for the awesome new sauce they use and the yummy garlic seasoning they put on the crust? Yummmmm - Domino's!

Tiffany Duffy said...

Yes, Martha... and the option of getting white pizza with feta cheese. :) Pizza Hut needs to get in the game!