Tuesday, November 02, 2010

On to November

October was a lot of fun. I posted more last month than ever, which is something I’m oddly proud of. Granted, not too many of the posts were earth-shatteringly brilliant, but aside from wearing a tie everyday, I posted everyday, which is an accomplishment in and of itself.

I believe my wife came to resent the challenge a bit. Lost was the line “hey, Honey! I’m home!” replaced by the ever-so cordial, “hey, do you have the camera? Let’s take the picture so I can take this thing off.” I think that any future tie-wearing days will include a loosened-tie commute home.

Unfortunately, it’s now back to regular blogging. As the campaign signs along my tie-wearing commute have reminded me, with a sense of unintended doom, “November is coming.” I’ve spent a lot of the past month fearing the impending November, as I felt I needed another challenge, or gimmick, to carry me through the next month. I’ve had several ideas of what could be done, from eating oatmeal for breakfast each day to 5-minute showers to wearing a hat, but none of them really excite me. The tie-wearing campaign allowed for easy posts and public displays of commitment, which it seems, should be a stipulation for such challenges.

The daily post is something to strive for though. I don’t it will continue for long – in fact, I’ll be out of town the rest of the week – but it does give me something to shoot for.

I mean dang, not only was last month my active month posting, I also earned more money last month through Google AdSense than ever before. In fact, last month I doubled my revenue… to $18! A few more bucks and I’ll earn enough for a sale-priced new tie!

No comments: