Monday, November 01, 2010

Not Wearing Ties

After wearing a tie everyday for a month, today I returned to work a bit more casual.
My neck is cold.

Yes, Tietober is over but the memories will last a lifetime. At times, I hated having to put a tie on or having something tight around my neck, but more often than not, I liked looking spiffy.

I don’t think people treated me any different, except maybe some of the older ladies who I think just thought I looked cute… which I did, as always. I’m not sure if I learned anything or came to any realization, perhaps because I wasn’t looking for anything like that. As I said though, I did come to enjoy wearing ties and will likely choose to wear a tie to work in the future.

In fact, this past Friday, I ran into something of a dilemma. Kohl’s was having a big sale, so the wife and I went to check out the deals. As I was walking through the men’s clothes, I realized that I wasn’t sure what my style of clothes was. I had worn ties so long that I was leaning toward the nicer looking shirts and even spent some time looking at the ties – all of which looked much more impressive than any that I own; I don’t think I wore a true Power Tie once!

After deciding to pass on everything as a result of this dilemma, the wife encouraged me to get something, so I ended up with a dressy shirt ready to button at the neck. I spent a month wearing ties just for something to do. Now that the month’s up, I’m planning my wardrobe around the knotted accessories.

No comments: