Friday, November 05, 2010

The Shower Head

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of days at a Hilton oceanside hotel. I felt very high class. There are a couple of strange things about the place though, not least among them was that my bed was a Murphy bed.  It was downthe whole time, and now I'm regretting not having put it away just to see what it's like.

All the comfort of an upscale futon!
This picture is actually from Wikipedia.  I didn't see any instructions on the actual bed, but even if I had, I couldn't have taken a picture myself as I haven't entered the BlogCamEra, just yet.  Maybe a newer phone with a camera in it would be nice.

There was one thing that I thought was so odd that, without camera, I had to draw a picture of it to help explain it.  Here's a drawing of the hotel shower.
La-la-laaa!
Do you see anything strange about this picture?  Why yes, my bellybutton is lower - but that's not what I'm talking about.  My hotel room shower had a double shower head.  I'm not sure what for.  My guess is to get extra clean.

Actually, here is my guess as to how it came to be.  The scene is a skinny-tied hotelier and a wide-tied builder:
Hotelier (dreaming of a two-person shower, with a shower head on either side): I just heard of the next big thing.  Picture this: TWO shower heads in every shower... in every room... in every one of our hotels!

Builder: I don't know, boss, that just seems strange.  Seems to me that showers are just fine with just the one shower head.

H: No, this... this is going to be huge!  I'm telling you, people love their upgrades.  Someday, every house in America will have two shower heads.  It's going to be great!

B:  If you say so, boss.

H: You didn't believe me when I said the Murphy bed is back and now look at it.  People have all that extra hotel room space with just a little lift of their bed!

B:  A truer statement has never been said, boss.

H: How much extra are we talking about here to install a second shower head?

B: I don't know, $50 extra bucks or so.

H: You can do it for that cheap! Let's do this!  We'll be world-renowned for our showers with TWO shower heads!  I can see it now!  The waiting list for one of our rooms will be months. 

B: You're the boss, boss. Two-headed showers, coming up.
In my head that was two lines of dialogue.  I kind of get carried away.

No comments: