Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Honk if You are Royalty

Just in case you’ve missed it, I’m defining my favorites. While I had thought through my answers for topics like “Favorite Color” and “Favorite Television Show,” my wife who I have assigned the role of Topic Generator has thrown a few screwballs my way. Surprise, surprise, I have not posted everyday, but I do have a post for every day, including last Saturday when the topic led to the newest Must-See John Duffy Video!

Anyways, I wanted to break from this Month of Favorites because I just stumbled upon the coolest thing ever… I think I know what I will ask for for Christmas next year. An excerpt from an article:
Then he jokingly told his wife, Mindy, “I should be a lord.”

She replied, “I’ll buy one for you.” Lord of Bedlington happened to be available. These titles can be bought for as little as about $325, and his was on the low end, Mr. Rich said. For the billionaire who has everything, it amounted to a Christmas stocking stuffer.
You can buy a British title! It’s everything I’ve ever wanted!

Here’s the article, which tells an equally cool story. This guy from Buffalo, New York has no desire to own, just build up a very small soccer team in England … of an area that he is now Lord over. Someday I hope to be able to do something similar… albeit that would take some serious money.

No comments: