Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Favorites: Day 16

My Favorite Lunch

This is a tough one, but before I get started, I must say today’s Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich could have been hand-crafted by the gods themselves, with the god of moderation playing a key role.

You see, the trick to a stupendous Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich is the proportions. Too much peanut butter or too much jelly and the overwhelming joy of the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich is lost, at which point a dark cloud casts a deep depression that can last for up to 24 hours… until it is righted by a properly proportioned sandwich.

Getting back to the topic at hand, this category could be answered several ways. I do enjoy my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich most days. Moreover, I enjoy eating them by the Lake Where I Eat Lunch Often. And while I choose for my daily lunch to eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich over, say, an egg salad sandwich or salami and cheese, it I can not say it is the best thing I have ever had for lunch.

If I could enjoy a warm, golden beef patty on the northern beaches of Jamaica everyday much like in this picture,

Yeah Mon!
I most definitely would. It is, quite possibly, the best lunch I have ever had.

I’m going to switch gears and say that right now, it is time for you to join me in the writing process. After I boldly proclaimed that the Jamaican beef patty “is the best lunch I have ever had,” I had a thought and went back to add in the “quite possibly” modifier. I had an amazing meal at the Snack Shack in New York City . The burger was great, the milkshake was amazing and I was introduced to the Arnold Palmer, which is tea and lemonade combined, which I’ve convinced my wife is actually called a Tom Collins.

If I were to think harder than I typically like to do, I could probably come up with other amazing lunches that I have had the pleasure of devouring in the middle of the day, but I’ll stop for now so as not to further ruin the shine glistening off my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about a some good cheese toast?

tjd