Thursday, February 03, 2011

My Favorites: Day 3

My Favorite Pair of Shoes

Here we go, this is a topic that I like… I tend to get an attachment to my shoes that I can feel deep down in my sole!

I’m actually not much of a shoe guy, but after my last shoe shopping experience I can see the appeal. Every shoe is different and every style can change your whole outlook on life. It’s very strange actually. In fact, it was shortly after buying a new pair of shoes that I embarked on my month-long tie campaign, which I’m still getting comments about.

My current shoes are the hallmark of what makes a good shoe. They are comfortable, stylish, professional, studious, industrious… let’s see… they lace up real nice. They don’t smell too bad yet. I have found that they scuff pretty easily, but I probably should have addressed my car exit strategy anyhow. All in all, I am quite pleased with these shoes.

To be fair, they are replacing a pretty amazing pair of shoes. I think it could be said that these shoes have pretty big shoes to fill. My last pair of shoes I wore for three and a half years, through good times and better times. Milestone after milestone. If you were to look at any picture of me from my adult life, there is a good chance that I would be wearing those brown leather shoes; admittedly there’s a better chance I’d be wearing my blue Island Technology shirt…

My blue shirt is perfect for the beach, and the mall, and the grocery, and the zoo, and any family event, and...

…of which I own two.

If I think about my old shoes, most of them stick out for being very uncool. Example A: black sneakers with bright green shoe laces. I’m not sure why I ever thought that was a good idea. I mean they were a neon green, similar to the color of ectoplasm. I did have some winners though. The glow-in-the-dark zebra stripe Converse All-Stars is the only one that comes to mind.

Growing up, though, I hated getting new shoes mainly because I didn’t want to have to break them in, a process that really only takes a couple of days. Maybe it could be said that my favorite shoes have always been the shoes that are on my feet at the time. Isn’t that the way it should be for everything though?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about the heart and sole of an obscure topic.

tjd

Anonymous said...

Is ectoplasm neon green. The Ghostbusters would agree, but Dean and Sam say it's black.

dxs