Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Morning Haikube

The Month of Favorites is still going strong, but I wanted to break in and try something a little different for what I hope will be a Sunday morning tradition.  Here's a video with an explanation:

So the unopened box of Haikubes that I got for Christmas has sat on my desk for close to two months now.  I get a lot of odd gifts from my folks, hey Mom!, and this was no exception.  With this gift though, I think my Mom found a diamond in the rough. 

As I mention in the video, it's simply roll a bunch of dice with words on them and use those words to create a haiku, which is a three-line poem with the first line containing five syllables, the second line having seven syllables and five syllables for the last line. 

Here's this morning's haiku:
I'm no haiku expert, but I think it turned out pretty darn good!

You should be able to click the picture to enlarge it, but just in case you can't read it:
A REFLECTION ON MY CHILDHOOD
fortune of one boy
shelter under lofty limbs
embraced    I marvel
Pure genius.  Be sure to check back next week for more Haikube fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you have started something. I like the Haikube - and the Haiku that grew out of you head. BSD
All your blogs are a Sunday morning treat. I always marvel at the round-about way your brain works. BSD