Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Favorites: Day 19

My Favorite Thing About Cats

When I began this Month of Favorites, I asked my wife to write down a month's worth of topics to pick at random.  She did more than enough and said that I was allowed to pass on any topic if I did not like it or could not think of anything.  After ever topic is revealed she says something like, "if you don't like it I could give you another," but I have not taken her up on it as that doesn't seem to hold true to the original concept of this challenge.  With this topic, as much as I would like to pass, I am certain my wife would not allow it.

The thing about cats is that they almost always seem to annoy me or be annoyed by me.  They don't want attention when I want to give it to them, and when they want attention, I don't want to give it to them.  I especially don't want their butts in my face.

I have two cats now.  They don't get along, which is even more annoying.  We have a grey girl cat:


And an orange boy cat:
Neither one of them has a name.  I've taken to calling them simply, Boy and Girl.

As much as I could whine and complain about all the things that these cats do, I must admit that it is always nice coming home.  In their own way, each of them offers a wonderful reception upon my arrival.  One likes to stretch out and scratch myleg as a way to say hello, and the other is just noisy.  It's great for about five minutes, then one won't leave me alone as I'm trying to take off my shoes and with the other, it becomes clear that he is just waiting to be fed.

So all in all, the best thing about cats is those first five minutes.

No comments: