Saturday, October 22, 2011

First Annual Great Jack-O-Lantern Competition Extravaganza

Participant's in last year's unofficial competition.
This time last year, in the midst of a very busy Tie-tober, I posted "The Great Jack-O-Lantern Debate" where I posted pictures of two jack-o-lanterns - one made by my wife and one by myself - and asked for your feedback.  This year, I would like to go one step further.

On Sunday, October 30, the Muted Guerrilla will host the First Annual Great Jack-O-Lantern Competition Extravaganza!  I know that Halloween is right around the corner, so I'm hoping that it is not too late to announce this spectacular event and you all can plan out your creation to make your jack-o-lantern competition-worthy!  If you have already carved your pumpkin, you can still enter it, or you can scrap it and start from scratch to sculpt your masterpiece. 

To enter, send your photos to John T Duffy's yahoo email account.  (If you don't know the yahoo email account for John T Duffy, please contact John T Duffy - don't forget the T - through his yahoo email account.)  Ideally, I would like to get two pictures of each pumpkin, one of just the jack-o-lantern and one of the jack-o-lantern with the contestant.  We will be accepting entries until Sunday afternoon sometime, when we'll post the finalists.  The winner will be announced on Halloween!  There are probably details that have not been mentioned, but I just had the idea and wanted to go ahead and announce it.

Good luck to all and happy carving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin carving?!?!!! I'm in for the win!

Also, Team Duffy vs. D2D Avengers happens tomorrow. Your only chance is Mini Duffy and he is still 20+ years away from starting...and probably will be a soccer star instead.

-dxs-

Anonymous said...

We'll post our jack-o-lantern pictures as soon as we find batteries for the camera. Fingers crossed that we can manage that by next weekend. I have jury duty this week, so our normally serene family life is a bit topsy-turvy.
Kathy

Ann L. Duffy said...

I'll have to live vicariously through my sisters. Not because we can't buy a pumpkin, believe it or not, but because I'm just lazy. Besides, Halloween is over!

becky said...

Anxiously awaiting the results of the contest!