Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dreaming Bigger-er, Part II

This is the second installment of our 43-part series of ideas to improve this blog.  We here at the Muted Guerrilla are always trying to improve, although it probably won't be everyday.

I have been thinking a lot about my $100 from Google that I devoted a couple of posts to over the summer. I said I’d put it to a vote on how best to spend that money in a way to improve the blog a bit. With your help, my $100 dollars would soon become $100,000,000,000, and with that money I could create an even better blog.

A vote, however, would be a pure and utter waste, for the fate and well-being of this blog is up to one man and that man is me. That’s right, I am the Big Leader and I have made an executive decision as to how best to spend the money and that is… prepare the angelic voices and heavenly light as you click onward.


I don't want to step on any toes, or talons?... I got the picture at howtobuildachickencoopfast.com.
 I will build a chicken-coop. (llllaaaaaahhhhh)

This might not make sense for a typical suburban townhome owner with no workshop skill and zero tools aside from a rubber mallet and a large pair of bolt-cutters, but I have a vision. For too long, I’ve let the details get in the way of my dreams and today, I say no more! If I build the coop, there will be chickens!

Hopefully by now, you are asking the far better question of dreaming about chickens. I can’t say that I have ever had any strong desire to raise chickens, but my wife has filled my head with faded images of her childhood chores of gathering eggs from flustered hens. Plus, the chicken coop seems simple enough to build.

And, as I alluded to over the summer, I’ve got big dreams of building a studio in my garage to enhance my YouTube video production, which is where the big bucks are made… and I’m talking tens of dollars. The chicken coop just seems like a good starting point into woodworking. Then maybe a bookshelf. And then my world-class garage studio!

I might be a little delayed in starting this project, though, as $100 dollars does not buy very many diapers, of which, my boy goes through pretty quick.

1 comment:

Ann L. Duffy said...

Good plan. Trust me - having workshop skills is not a prerequisite for home improvement projects. Just ask Matt - you can learn on the job.