Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Change Race

I don't know them, but this guy and this guy are cool in my book. In a previous post, I tried to categorize blogs, essentially finding two groups - self-loathing diaries and soap box speeches. These guys fit more into another group, the friends network, with which I don't have any problem.

They, however, have a gimmick. I love gimmicks. They are keeping a daily journal of all the change they are find and racing to $100. I think it's brilliant.

I'm collecting my change, not just the change I'm finding, but all the change in my pockets at the end of the day. I started with the idea of buying a llama with all of the change I collected, but I'm not a rich man - that change could probably buy a lot of groceries.

Anyways, in honor of their brilliance, I will say: today I found a penny. I picked it up by the dumpster as I threw away a pizza box.

Total for the day: $.01.

1 comment:

Bailey said...

I'm not sure if you're going to check back this far for Comments, but I just noticed this post!
Thanks for the postive feedback. Have you made any other finds than the penny you mentioned?

Thanks for reading!