Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Peachy

I'm experimenting with peach pits.



My ultimate goal is a bonsai'ed peachtree, partially in honor of my hometown, near Atlanta, Georgia, the Peach State, where the streets are either Peachtree something-or-other or MLK something-or-other (and I'm not up to bonsai'ing Noble prize winners just yet). The larger reason is, well... why not? It sounds like fun, and Tiff just got a bunch of peaches so it makes sense. Here's the potted plant, or well, pit:



It's not suppose to grow until after the last hard freeze, so it may look like this for awhile, but I'll try to have frequent updates.

Peaches, by the way, are pretty tasty... and fuzzily friendly too! That's a far cry from the disgusting lifesaver-flavor peach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh. i actually forgot to tell you... that pit that you're holding got stuck in the garbage disposal and i had to undergo a rescue recovery.