Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Encore! Encore!

Lately, I’ve been making an effort to post semi-regularly… and I hope you’ve been making an effort to read them semi-regularly, while keeping up with my archive of great posts from the past, perusing through my catalog and re-reading your favorites. I have been hearing your silent appreciation and inaudible calls for more for weeks now and am proud to announce my encore presentation, John Duffy’s Encore.

That’s right, from the guy who tried to bring you John Duffy’s Words, John Duffy’s Sacrifices, and still manages to bring you John Duffy’s Places every now and then, comes an all new addition to the World of John Duffy, John Duffy’s Encore! (This is where you, the reader, squeal with delight.)

I know what you are thinking and I can assure you that while, my encore has begun, the main event is far from over. The Muted Guerrilla is healthy as ever and will continue its great tradition of being great. With John Duffy’s Encore, my wife and I will be trying to highlight cover songs - good, bad and downright odd - and I think that the two of us agree that we spent far too long finding a suitable name for it.

My wife wanted something that was kind of catchy, but her main requirement was something not cheesy. I didn’t realize how hard that would be for me. First off, I wanted it to begin “John Duffy’s…” which Tiff wasn’t too excited about, as she will be just as much a contributor as me. However, I see it as just sticking to an already laid out theme – that of my own greatness. It looks like I won that one.

John Duffy’s what though? For a long time, it just sat blank as we bounced a few ideas back and forth. Then I was sure I had it, John Duffy’s Cover Discovery. I think it’s beautiful, but admittedly, there is that extra syllable and Tiff wasn’t too psyched about using the word “cover” in the title. I didn’t fight this as my “John Duffy’s” opener was still on shaky ground. I quickly changed focus and my mind bounced from Cover Discovery to Cover-alls to what I still think is a brilliant name, John Duffy’s Poncho.

John Duffy’s Poncho. I love it! I need to get into merchandising.

While I was envisioning crowded streets on a rainy day with everyone wearing rain jackets stamped with www.JohnDuffy’sPoncho.com, my wife was busy thinking. In a moment of brilliance, she spouted off possible tag-lines, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” seemed the obvious favorite, but then she twisted it around to “The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions,” which seems to suit the direction we were heading with the blog. It wasn’t long before Encore was suggested, and we knew we had a winner.

The possibilities seem endless, so be sure to check out John Duffy's Encore now. With the way I keep up with these things, who knows how long it might be around! Don't miss out!

No comments: