Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Few Changes

I'm making a few changes around here. Slowly but steadily I'm creating the perfect website. One that will no doubt rival Yahoo and Google in one way or another.

A bit off subject, but I always used to look down on people with Hotmail accounts, because Hotmail is kind of goofy, but now they've got Bing.com. Bing.com might be coolest thing to come along in a long time! One day it might rival the likes of The Muted Guerrilla! I was trying to figure out what the pipe banging sound that is behind my toilet when I run the water was, so I typed "pipes tapping behind toilet" into Yahoo and got a whole bunch of nothin', then I tried Google and got diddly-squat, then inspired by clever advertising, I tried Bing.com and Bingo! The first thing on the list told me all about water hammer and what to do to eliminate it.

Anyways, I've made a handful of changes so far with more to come. So far I've changed some of my links. I pulled my stuff and my wife's stuff into separate columns. I've stopped sacrificing collecting words but I've left the links up, with hopes of returning to them.

Thoughts from the Change Race has sadly come to close. After collecting and tallying $288.41 cents of lost change, the poor guy finally realized there's more to life than watching the ground beneath his feet. That was my own little editorial there, but since he's ended his blog, I've ended my link. Also on the chopping block was My Side of the Fence, a blog by a Manassas City Councilman, which I'm not linking to because I never clicked through.

I've also made a Steve Goff's Soccer Insider blog a permanent link on the side for easy access. I expect everyone follow along and become soccer experts. There will be a test. Also new is Joel Achenbach, who among other things writes the Achenblog for the Washington Post which usually is good for a laugh or two. I think I'm just enough of a dork to find him funny; in other words, he's pretty dorky, but that's okay. Those along with my brother-in-law's blog and good-ole Rick Steves, I've now got all I need to make it through the day attached right here to my blog! What could be more perfect!

Next, I think I'll get Tiff to pick out some new colors for me... right after she fixes the water hammering.

1 comment:

Matt J. Duffy said...

Glad I made the cut -- I think you can axe the Duffy Family Tribune, it's been supplanted by Facebook, methinks.