Saturday, May 15, 2010

Foggy Lens

I would like to change things up a bit on this blog. That's why I've asked my intern Jeff to create a new layout and some new features to make the Muted Guerrilla more of a destination website. He hasn't gotten around to it yet, though. I guess you get what you pay for. I was also hoping to get his input on a bigger issue, but one thing at a time.

The bigger issue is: where do I go from here? It seems like the somewhat successful blogs have some focus or specialized interest. If I were a vegetarian lumberjack, or a professional dart thrower (a dartist, perhaps), or a traveling lion tamer, or even a water witch, I think I could write a pretty bang-up blog that could be appreciated for generations to come! But as it is, I write about this wide array of life that is me, and generally falls into one of three categories, the mundane, the mundaner, and DC United. And the world already has a surprising number of DC United fan blogs (there are many, many more too).

I've thought maybe I should get really into the local scene and use this blog as a way to stay connected to my community, but it's hard to get excited about a place called Manassas... although, I did just move. Although, in all likelihood, I will probably move again sooner or later. Hopefully someday I can write about my local community out on the farm in the middle of nowhere.

The other stuff that I would like to write about are all things that I would just like to learn more about, so I am far from an expert on any of them and, therefore, have no real basis for writing about anything. In fact, that's my problem. I don't specialize. I'm more of a Renaissance Man-blogger.

I should rename my blog... who am I fighting anyway? I'll take suggestions, but my top-choice right now is definitely something like "All the Wonders of The World's Last True Renaissance Man and His Proclamations for All the World to Hear." ...or read.

I like it already! Hopefully that will get my intern Jeff off his duff, too.

No comments: