Friday, July 23, 2010

Yeah to Carrots

In the past, I’ve sung the praises of one particularly orange vegetable. Recently, I’ve included carrots as part of my regular diet.

My lunch has felt a bit incomplete for a while now. It used to include the nutty flavors of a wholesome granola bar, but that ended shortly after my CostCo membership ran-out. So, for several months, it’s been pretty lonely for my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich (today’s, by the way, was particularly good), with just a can of Diet Pepsi to share an entire lunch box.

While the link at the top wants all to scream out, "Yes To Carrots(!)," I wasn't too excited. It took some convincing from my wife, but eventually I said, "Yeah" to Carrots. And I'm glad I did. Carrots have made a nice addition, and now I’m eating them by the boatloads. Not only are they good, they’re good for you. In particular, they’re supposed to improve your eyesight. And as I’ve learned recently, my eyesight needs some improving.

Of course, some might argue that my hearing, memory, heart health, muscle mass, joint pain, body fat, and overall personal hygiene needs some improving, but that’s why I eat the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

1 comment:

Matt J. Duffy said...

Your personal hygiene is fine by me.