Saturday, October 23, 2010

More YouTube Comments

Yesterday, I got a bit upset about some certain comments made to a certain YouTube video. But the number of views still wows me. My newest video, which I made for my FAQ’s section, is tallying up hits pretty quickly, too:

Within a couple of days, my Holding My Breath video already had about two dozen hits. I was kind of excited about it. Then I got a strange message, not just a comment, that included this request:
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind making a video of you taking in a deep breath and blow up your cheeks as big as you can like a blowfish and try to talk and see how long you can do it for. You don't have to hold your breath just blow up your cheeks as big as you can and try to talk. Or if that's too hard, just make a video of you blowing up your cheeks as big as you can and see how long you could hold it for.
This was indeed a strange request that had me playing with my face for a few minutes. I don’t think it’s possible for me to talk with puffed up cheeks and I don’t have much interest in trying to break any records just puffing out my cheeks, unless…

I’ve heard about people who do really weird things for money. I think it is part of the dark side of the internet. Actually sometimes, like in an episode of the United States of Tara, it’s for items off a wishlist. It would be nice to have a wishlist, especially as Christmas approaches. So, if this takes off, it could be a regular feature, and maybe I could get that coat I’ve had my eye on. So Rabodon, this is for you:
I follow my audience.

UPDATE: Wow... not thirty minutes after posting the video,  Rabodon sent me another message congatulating me on the video.  Among the things he said, "...that's the best one yet..." and "5 stars".  Woo-hoo!

5 comments:

Tiff said...

OH. I could make so many comments about this.
I think you have the foundation for next year's talent show for sure...

And, no mention of the fact that even our cat is wearing a tie??

Martha said...

Tiff - how in the world do you film that without laughing?? I'd be laughing so hard the camera would be shaking all around.

John - Great effort!

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Chimp said...

Even Ford is laughing. Love it!

Ann L. Duffy said...

Loving it! Is that a little spittle I see in the right corner of your mouth?