Friday, January 21, 2011

Not My Fault

It is a new year and all has been quiet here at the Muted Guerrilla. Oh sure, we’ve dressed up our look a bit with a wonderful argyle background, but to our regular readers, there has been precious little to read of late. But you see, there is a perfectly good reason for this. As it turns out, I am incompetent. I’ll admit that I can do lots of things adequately and in fact, I can do some things rather smashingly, but when it comes to the gizmos and gadgets that make up the technology of today it is I that feels smushed.

I have several events from the past month that I want to share. I even have a video of two of them. But in these videos lie my downfall. For I spent over four hours mastering a free video editor that I downloaded from some website and in the end, I had created an award-worthy two-and-a-half minute short film about jumping into the ocean.

As I was preparing my acceptance speech, the video failed to copy onto my computer. I tried seven times and each time it looked good until just after the really hairy guy ran past the camera… I wonder if he had something to do with it. I even went as far as posting the written portion of it; maybe I’ll get the video up some day.

Anyways, maybe I should just stick to what I am good at… writing ad nauseum about whatever I want. And there is plenty to write about these days, but all in good time. For now though, I think I’ve learned something very valuable… don’t try new things. Wait, that’s terrible. How about, when nothing else works… turn to argyle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think free is the key word here.

tjd