Friday, February 18, 2011

My Favorites: Day 18

My Favorite Blog Post

Oh wait, so this post by me is all about the greatness of a blog post that I wrote and is more than likely all about how great I am?  I love it.

There have been several over the years that I think about often.  I'm not sure which, if any, is the best written or most insightful or anything like that.  Using the tools and resources provided by blogger, I am pretty sure that three posts are in the running as the most viewed.  They are my original post featuring my coin pusher video, my post theorizing that the wedding ring is what is preventing our second and third finger from conjoining at some point in evolution, and my account of my hives ordeal.  I'm pretty sure they are very popular to people poaching pictures from the web.  Yep, I know for a fact that this picture has drawn countless people people to my blog:
The posts that stick out in my head though include a few others.  The misadventures of giving blood at an art festival was a good one.  The trip to a wedding in Florida feels like it was the most ambitious.  For some reason, my thoughts on Halloween one year floats through my head.  And how can I not like this story that made my Mom laugh.

If I were to choose a favorite though, it might not be one of my own.  Here's something my brother-in-law posted a while back:
On bedbugs

posted on August 9, 2010 at 8:30 am

Here’s a charming column from an etymologist on bedbugs. Buried deep inside is this graph:
In fact, precious few aspects of bedbug biology are endearing. They don’t build their own houses or care for their young, and their sexual practices are bizarre even by insect standards: Because the female bedbug has no genital opening, the male inseminates her by using his hardened, sharpened genitalia to punch a hole through her abdomen. With no elaborate courtship ritual, males in a frenzied pursuit of sexual congress often blunder into and puncture the bodies of other males, occasionally inflicting fatal wounds.
That’s just wrong.

I predict you will never forget that fact. You’re welcome.
I've started explaining this to people a few times only to decide that this is something that is bad enough to read.

No comments: